Avalanche Rescue Management
This course solely concentrates on the subject of avalanche search and rescue, including search skills and techniques for team and the multi agency approach. Ideal for team members likely to be managing avalanche incidents.
- Avalanche incident management
- Multi agencies (The role of SARDA)
- Rescue resources
- Search strategy Casualty management / disposal
- Certificate of attendance issued by MRCofS
In order to ensure the smooth running of the course all participants are asked to ensure they observe the following conditions:
- All participants are required to ensure they have transport arranged as the course programme will necessitate travel to and from training venues.
- For insurance purposes participants are requested to sign on with their team prior to course attendance.
- Participants are expected to provide their own meals/hill food for the duration of the course. Breakfast is provided.
- Sufficient personal equipment is required to enable participants to operate within a winter mountainous environment, in all conditions for the duration of the course. For your comfort and safety please ensure you have appropriate equipment for this course.
- Personal avalanche transceiver + spare batteries
- Avalanche probe
- Team radio + spare battery
- Map of the area